Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Trendsetting Tuesday: DIY Shorts

So it's been WAY too long since I've blogged... but now that it's summer I'm going to try and do a better job at posting a lot more and keeping my blog up to date! Each Tuesday I'm going to do a post throughout the summer. It's going to be called "Trendsetting Tuesdays." I hope you'll follow me and check back each Tuesday!


These are both Levi jeans that I found at a thrift shop and turned into shorts.  The total cost for both of the jeans were $12... beats paying full price for the same vintage looking styled shorts any day! :) All you have to do is hit up your local thrift shops and search for some old "mom jeans," as I like to call them.  Or you can always check your closet for jeans that you don't wear anymore. After you've found the perfect pair, cut them to your desired length.  I chose to roll mine up, but either way works.  The shorts on the left I distressed with a pair of scissors and made several holes throughout the shorts.  After I washed them, they ended up looking even more worn and had the look I was going for. It took no time at all and now I have two super cute pair of shorts. 

So get out there and start thrifting!








Xo,



Morgan

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute idea! I'm for sure going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete